Monday, June 11, 2012

Today {Psalm 16:5}



"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure." -Psalm 16:5

I have always been one to plan and strategize. So many of my thoughts are about the future. "What am I planning on doing tomorrow?" "Where do I want to be a month from now?" "How about a year from now?" Although, being futuristic is not necessarily bad, I don't want to miss out on all that I have today by constantly looking ahead to the next thing. I want to fill my life days that were fully lived.

I wish so many of my days away by living for what lies ahead. I want to realize that all my "todays" are special. All my "todays" are bursting with life.

Today I am thankful for...

family walks
sweet texts from friends
overcast days
 sound of morning rain
scripture (John 10)
lush green trees
coffee creamer
old photographs

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to be your first follower!

I am working on my teaching credential and Masters to be a teacher too! (High school English for me)

Welcome to the blog world.

Kate

Samantha Shepherd said...

Thanks! English was always my favorite in high school because of the phenomenal teachers I had. I'm excited to follow your journey to become a teacher! :)

Janice said...

Really needed to hear this today:) I love you sweet friend

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...