Wednesday, January 22, 2014

our story of redemption

photo 4 (1)

Good morning, sweet friends! Classes and work are back in full swing for the spring semester and I’m loving it. As I’m slowly figuring out my routine for this semester, I wanted to share with you the Bible reading plan that I’ve started this year. Last year, I read on Nicole's blog about how she had started to read the Bible chronologically. I was struck in the best way when she wrote, “The Bible is not just a book of random stories.  From the first page to the last, the Bible is Christ's story. The story of grace, mercy, and His glory.  From start to finish, it is about our redemption, our need of a savior.”

As I was thinking about what I wanted my quiet times to look like at the beginning of the year, I kept coming back to the truth of her words and committed to working through the Bible chronologically. I want to dig into the stories of the Old Testament and see them come to life. I want to learn and grow. I want to see how it all points to Christ.

I know it will take me longer than a year to work through, so I’m not setting any kind of timeline. I’m just planning on working through the Bible slowly and steadily. So far one theme that repeatedly stands out is that I'm messy, broken, and ordinary, but the Lord redeems and includes me in the story. That’s the sweetest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you’re interested in the chronological plan, you can find it here. I plan to write about what the Lord is teaching me, but I tend to use instagram mostly to share glimpses of what I’m learning. I’m excited to continue digging more into His word through this study!

Do you have a Bible study that you’re currently working through? I’m interested to know how you study the word!

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I'm with a reading plan this year too, it‘s amazing to read Gods word and be filled with His love. Blessings! http://liveoutloudpris.weebly.com/

Lauren Elliott said...

Found you through Kalyn's blog & so glad I did. Your heart in this post is precious. I am currently reading through the Bible chronologically through the Disciple series and it is certainly transformative to read it that way. I pray you remain steadfast in your goal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...