Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July Goals


Hello again! I feel like I need to reintroduce myself...I'm Samantha and I'm no good at blogging consistently. I've let so many things go undocumented and that's okay, but I'm wanting to get back to sharing pieces and parts of my heart and life on this little space. So here's to fresh starts! I decided at the beginning of the year that I would do monthly goals to be more intentional about making things happen. Although I kept myself accountable for the first four months, I let May and June pass by without even writing down a single goal. So I'm jumping back into it wholeheartedly with the start of July!

Now for my goals...

1. Participate in the blog Bible study .

 I'm so stinkin' excited to work through Lord, I Want to Know You: A Devotional Study on the Names of God. Not only will I be able to learn from other girls online, I'm going to have weekly Skype dates with a sweet friend from high school to have a virtual Bible study/coffee date. I'm praying that we're able to encourage and challenge each other as we dig into this study together.

2. Send six letters snail mail style.

I have such a love for sending handwritten letters and connecting with other girls through this old fashion form of correspondence. I've gotten behind the past two months, but I intend to get caught up during July!

3. Blog 2-3 times a week.

I missing sharing what I'm learning and what's going on in my life, and I plan to get back to documenting here. I love looking back over my posts from the past two years because this small space is sort of like my online journal. I'm able to tangibly see how the Lord is working in my life.

4. Starting putting together a teacher portfolio, brochure, resume.

Y'all, I will be getting ready for my first year teaching this time next summer! So crazy that my dream of teaching and  being in the classroom is getting SO close to becoming reality. I'm reading different teacher books this summer (Whole Brain Teaching, Daily Five, Math Work Stations, etc.), but I also want to begin the process of getting a portfolio and resume together. I know I will be adding to them as I student teach so they certainly won't be finished products. I just need to start prepping for the job application and interview process as early as I can.

5. Commit to praying for others everyday.

I want to intentional about lifting up others who I have told that I would be praying for them. I'm going to keep an index card in my journal filled with specific prayer requests written on it to make sure that I am diligent about this practice.

Happy July, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay! For coming back and setting the goal to blog more. :) I love that you're going to skype each week with your friend. And your teaching IS grtting close. Do you have your student teaching position lined up yet?

Natalie said...

Miss seeing your posts pop up in my feed, so I'm excited to hear you're going to try blogging more! Yea for student teaching! (I'm doing mine this fall and will be graduated in December.) We really should try to skype sometime in the future now that I think about it. I don't come across many blog friends who are passionate about education is seems =) Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...