Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday’s Letters

Dear pomegranate seeds,

You are delicious and I’ve been eating you like crazy the past few days. I just wish pomegranates were a little bit cheaper…

Dear The Civil Wars,

I keep coming back to your music because you are that talented. Anytime I’ve had iTunes open this week you’ve been on repeat.

Dear philosophy of education paper,

I have lots of ideas swirling around about how to best convey my passion with others in 4-5 pages. That’s a good thing because I’ll be spending all Sunday afternoon writing you.

Dear dad,

I love that you drove over to my little college town to take me out to lunch earlier this week. I loved getting to spend the afternoon with you. Plus, I couldn’t help but smile when you called me later just to tell me that I looked beautiful.

Dear weekend,

I welcome you with open arms.

Dear fall,

You’ve felt more like winter this week. When I get back to my apartment all I want to do is curl up under a blanket with leggings, a hoodie, and socks to keep warm.

Dear Katie (from Hope Engaged),

I’m so so thankful for our friendship and that we were finally able to have a Skype date. You’re lovely, radiant, and entirely genuine. I can’t wait for more Skype dates in the future! And your encouragement blessed me more than you know.

Side note: If you haven’t “met” Katie yet, you must. It’s such an understatement when I say that she’s wonderful. Go say hi here!

vscocam162vscocam156

Just a small glimpse of what most of my afternoons have looked like this week! Comfy and cozy. Also, I get to admire the last of the fall colors on my walk to work everyday.

4 comments:

Katie Cook said...

Ah Sam! I had SOOO much fun skyping with you! I told Kevin later that day "she is absolutely the cutest!". Have a wonderful weekend sweet girl! Now we'll just have to find a time to skype again:) love Katie

Natalie said...

I'm writing my philosophy of ed today... and it's going a little slower than I thought... I wrote to much and have find a way to condense it =P

Holly said...

I have never listened to Civil Wars, clearly I need to! :)

Laura Darling said...

Cozy, chilly afternoons are the best! And that's awesome that your dad came to have lunch with you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...