Monday, November 12, 2012

Kitchens are for dancing…


I had one of the most laid back weekends. All of my roomies were out of town so I had our little apartment all to myself. On Saturday morning, I woke up slowly and soaked in the calmness of the quiet space. As I started to dig into the truth held in Colossians, I pulled up Pandora to play my Billie Holiday station. I felt like I was transported back to a different era as the jazz replaced the quietness. It was wonderful.
 
One day I will dance in the kitchen with my future husby. Whether it’s on a rainy Saturday morning or on a Tuesday night after a long day at work. I want to dance for I am convinced that dancing in the kitchen is one of life’s little joys. It makes you smile in thanksgiving for being alive in that moment.
 
So, future husby, get ready because our kitchen will be a place of joy and dancing.
 
kitchen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously?! billie holiday and kitchen dancing...both things i love (and the latter is something i have been fortunate to do!). Sam...after reading your blog for a couple weeks, I'm pretty convinced that we'd be super awesome friends in real life. :)

Katie Cook said...

YES and amen.

ours is absolutely made for dancing!!!

and to billie holiday too:) good minds think alike girl! love Katie

Kaitlyn's Life and Blogs said...

I def dance around my kitchen now. :)

Me and the boyfriend did in my dorm room the other day. :)

Robyn Litchfield said...

such a precious post, stumbled upon your blog. so glad i did. following
www.adashofrobs.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...