Tuesday, August 28, 2012

“I am a product of…”

My real life friend, Joy, wrote a post recently about what she was a product of that inspired me to think about my own roots.

Joy snagged the idea from her friend who had her middle school students write what they were a product of. The idea came from a quote from C.S. Lewis…

““I am a product of long corridors, empty sunlit rooms, upstairs indoor silences, attics explored in solitude, distant noises of gurgling cisterns and pipes, and the noise of wind under the tiles. Also, of endless books.”

Here is mine:

“I am a product of canopy roads, elementary classrooms, goodnight hugs and kisses, summer days at home, walks at dusk with my dad, vacations in the Smokey Mountains, coffee dates, and intimacy with Jesus. “

Now, for a few old photos I had saved on my computer. I hope these create a better visual to show you more of roots…

11months

four{One of our Smokey Mountain vacations}

christmas-four

five

What are you a product of?

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Great prompt idea! That's one of my favorite C.S. Lewis quotes ever too =)

Katie Cook said...

You are going to be SUCH a great teacher because your posts always have a way of making me think about things in new ways:)i'm going to ponder today what i'm a product of:) thanks girl...love Katie

Amanda Wissmann said...

Ok, first of all, I love that you said Joy is your "real life friend" :) cute!

Love this post. So beautiful and inspiring!

Ameera (أميرة) said...

You are so cute! I loved reading this post...thanks for sharing :)

Kaitlin said...

What a cute little baby you are! I love this idea :) And all of the pictures are absolutely adorable.

Rachael said...

Love this! I can see a number of features that make you look the same... from little tacker to now :) You are just gorgeous! You inspired me to write my own - it's scheduled for next week on my blog. <3
xo Rachael

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...