Saturday, December 22, 2012

Books Galore! {2012 Reading List}

Pinned Image

Good morning, sweet ladies! At the beginning of the year I set a goal of reading at least 20 books this year and I surpassed that goal (yay!). I definitely read a wide variety of genres…children’s literature, Christian fiction and nonfiction, young adult, memoirs, literary classics,etc. I wanted to share with you what I pulled off my bookshelf throughout the year. Maybe there will even be a book or two you will want to add to your own bookshelf…

1. Crossing Jordan by Adrian Fogelin

2. Charlotte's Web by E. B. White

3. Quest for Love: True Stories of Passion and Purity by Elisabeth Elliot

4. Blue Skies Tomorrow by Sarah Sundin

5. Kisses From Katie by Katie Davis

6-8. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

9. The Cafe Book by Gail Boushey and Joan Moser

10. The Frontiersman's Daughter by Laura Frantz

11. Inklings (The Oxford Chronicles) by Melanie Jeschke

12. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

13. The Shape of Mercy by Susan Meissner

14. The Jewel of His Heart by Maggie Brendan

15. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

16. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith

17.Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

18. Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel

19. Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit: A Son Remembers by Sean Hepburn Ferrer

20. The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

21. Bloom by Kelle Hampton

22. Fame by Karen Kingsbury

23. Mama's Bank Account by Kathryn Forbes

24. Love Worth the Wait by Sandy Weyeneth

25. Front of the Class by Brad Cohen

27. Little Bee by Chris Cleave

28. The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis

29. Rekindled by Tamara Alexander

30-32. Cool Beans, Latte Daze, and Double Shot by Erynn Mangum

33. The Journals of Jim Elliot by Jim and Elisabeth Elliot

34. Beautifully Gifted by Angela M. Bisignano

35. Chasing the Dragon by Jackie Pullinger

My favorites: Kisses From Katie (a must read!), The Hunger Games series, To Kill a Mockingbird, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and Rekindled

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’d love to know your favorite reads from this year! Any that I need to put on my reading list for 2013? Bring on the suggestions!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Okay, so it's sweet and sappy with a few deep moments, but The Princess by Lori Wick is seriously one of my favourites. :)
I'd also recommend anything by Brother Andrew... awesome missionary!
I think your list next year needs a teacher book or two on it... :)

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

These look awesome! I just looked up Kisses from Katie (It sounded familiar) and I read the summary--I can't wait to start reading it! Also, I'm in the middle of the Hunger Games series, and it is so good as well! Can't wait to finish it!

Thanks for sharing what you read!

xo, gina

Unknown said...

My fav reads this year were "He Speaks to Me" by Priscilla Shirer and "Weird" by Craig Groeschel :-)


*hugs & love*
Ashley Danielle
||Always Ashley Blog||

Rachel said...

I've read a number of those, but certainly not all of them! Looks like you've picked some good ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...