Wednesday, December 19, 2012

On a rainy day…

Can we all agree that rainy days become infinitely better when you don’t have to leave the warmth and coziness of home? The past few days have been drizzly and overcast in the South and I’ve enjoyed every second of it. I was so thankful I could wear comfy clothes all day without having to walk across campus or go to work in the rain. Rainy days at home are refreshing unlike anything else.

Here’s a small glimpse of what has filled these rainy days…

vscocam223Morning fog from the front porch.

vscocam222Coffee and reading the Word while wrapped in a throw blanket.

vscocam224Organizing the books I’ve collected so far for my future classroom.

vscocam225Coffee date via Skype with one of my best friends.

not pictured:

reading this book series

watching documentaries on Alaska {just call me a certified nerd ;) }

writing letters

wrapping presents

My mom and I are currently at my aunt and uncle’s house in Waynesville, North Carolina. We’re off to see Christmas at Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina today. Wishing you the happiest of Wednesdays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are a fellow NC blogger! I hope the Biltmore is amazing. Unfortunately, I've still been at work these drizzly days, but just 2 days left till blessed Christmas PTO!!

Victoria said...

Yes, rainy days are pretty awesome! I'm feeling like I am visiting holiday inn right about now! All decked out for Christmas and a huge storm just blew in. The snow is piling up, even in the windowsills. Enjoy your holiday!!!!

Kaitlin said...

What an amazing day! I am quite envious of your book collection... I feel like I need to head to every used book store in town and snatch up some kiddie books! ;)

Amanda G. said...

I have been looking for good books to read over break and just bought that series for my kindle!! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...