Monday, December 24, 2012

Roadtrippin’ {Biltmore}

Merry Christmas Eve, sweet girls! Last week my mom and I went to Waynesville and Asheville, North Carolina on a girls trip. My dad was out of town so we figured we should take a short trip to get away too! Since my grandparents live in Waynesville we went there first before going to Biltmore in Asheville the following day.

vscocam226Back roads on the way there.

When we got to my grandparents we decided to spend the evening in downtown Waynesville. The downtown district was decorated for Christmas with lights and garland on every streetlight and there were Christmas trees in every store. I just love the quaintness of small towns.

vscocam228vscocam229

vscocam230My mom chatting it up with the owner of one of the stores…how cute is she?

vscocam227My grandma was taking an extra long time in one store so we took pictures…

vscocam244

vscocam232vscocam233

We woke up slowly the next morning…cozy mornings in the mountains are the best.

vscocam234

I so wish I had taken pictures as we were driving into Biltmore…after you enter the gates you drive 2-3 miles before getting to the estate. The land was just gorgeous.

vscocam240My dad called right before we got out of the car and had lots to talk about so I took pictures (of course) to pass time…

vscocam241

Finally we were off to tour the house! And oh my goodness was it GRAND. I hadn’t been to Biltmore since I was in second grade and there were many many details I had forgotten. The house was decked to the halls (is that even an expression?) with Christmas decorations. I felt like I was in an episode of Downton Abbey as we explored. As we walked, I kept trying to imagine what it must have been like to live there in the early 1900s.

Unfortunately, they don’t allow you to take pictures inside the house so the few pictures I do have are from outside.

image

vscocam249

vscocam243The pictures don’t do these mountains justice. You see them through almost every window in the house. Gloriousness.

vscocam245

vscocam246

vscocam236

I so so wish I could have taken pictures in the house, but you’ll just have to trust me that it was majestic. I love days like these and I’m so thankful I get to go on adventures with my mom. We headed back to Waynesville that evening and crashed after walking all day. Despite the graininess, now you know what I look like sans make up and such. :)

vscocam239

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We drove back home the next day in the pouring rain and then my dad came home after the rain stopped but cold temperatures ushered in…we made him a welcome home sign.

vscocam238

Wishing you all the merriest of Christmases!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVED all of the cozy pictures!! Precius! I noticed that you are using the Starbucks Christmas blend...Is it good? I've been meaning to try it!

Merry Christmas!
XO
Amanda @ Faith Love Strength

Sarah said...

I love how you made your dad a welcome home sign! So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...