Monday, December 31, 2012

{Of The Year}

2013Sort of how I’m feeling right now…lots of expectancy for  2013.

As the new year starts, I can’t help but smile. I truly love new beginnings and that’s exactly what a new year offers. I recently spent some time reading through my old journals and oh goodness at the treasures scribbled there. A recurring theme in my journals is my growing intimacy with God and that brings me such joy. So as 2013 begins I wanted to have a verse of the year, a word of the year, and a song of the year.

Verse of the year:

My lover spoke and said to me, “Arise, my darling, my beautiful one and come with me.” Song of Songs 2:10

I love, love, love the imagery that this verse provides. It reminds me once again that I am the Bride pursued. God pursues and it’s my responsibility to step out and follow Him.

Word of the year:

INTIMACY

As I mentioned above, over the past two years I’ve been awakened to the glorious truth that God desires intimacy with me. I can truly say that this has radically changed my relationship with Him. Intimacy takes intentionality and I want the desire of my heart to be to cultivate intimacy with Christ. I snagged the piece below from an article in Set Apart Girl months ago, and it reflects my heart for intimacy beautifully…

“That is what the gospel is all about – how to get the wrong man out, and the Right Man in – and to exchange the Lie for the Truth! On your own you cannot do it! But I have good news for you! You can’t! But He can!”

“As I am meditating on this truth recently, I thought about the beautiful harmony that exists when a groom offers his adoring bride, who absolutely delights in the ability of his strong arm to protect, aid, and fight on her behalf. As a woman, she depends on her man – and loves every minute of it! She does not walk around resenting help or bitterly trying to prove she doesn’t need him. Rather, her joyful dependence on him creates a sweet intimacy in which she is willing to make herself vulnerable to him, for she knows he will only wield his strength for her good, and will never refuse to give it.”

“Likewise, as the Bride of Christ, it is our great joy and privilege to enter into an unceasing intimacy with our soul’s Husband, as He becomes the moment-by-moment source of our righteousness, purity, and holiness.”

Song of the year:

“Called Me Higher” by All Sons and Daughters

I know that I have been called to deep and abiding intimacy with Him. As I step out to follow His calling to come higher and go deeper, it will effect every part of my life. I want people to know that there is something different about me. That when we interact they would think “there’s just something about that girl.” And that will be because of my relationship with Christ.

I urge you to listen to these lyrics. So powerful.

7 comments:

Katie Cook said...

Love this post, and LOVE ALl Sons and Daughters. Their music is SOOOOo good I can't get enough! love you sweet girl, love Katie

Kaitlin said...

I am in love with this. Beautifully written! May God bless you abundantly in this new year, dear Samantha!

Rachael said...

Samantha,
I really want to leave a comment on here so you know I read it, but I don't have anything clever or wise or beautiful to say. I'm just so blessed by the way you talk to us what God talks to you - the things you hear you speak. That's good!
xo Rachael

courtney said...

happy 2013 to you!! LOVE that song by all sons and daughters :D

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great focus for the new year! Can't wait to read more about it =)

gayle said...

I nominated you for a Liebster award! Check it out! http://bit.ly/XgCakB

Have fun!

xoxo,
Gayle @ www.graceforgayle.com

Melanie said...

sooo i was literally JUST listening to that song right before reading this. so so good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...